- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 4 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions, substituting pineapple juice for the water (add water if necessary for the required measurement). Bake as directed in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions. Cut the cake into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 6-qt. punch bowl. Top with half of the pudding, pie filling, pineapple, bananas, fruit cocktail, oranges, whipped topping and coconut. Repeat layers. Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 55 (1/2-cup) servings.
Originally published as Punch Bowl Trifle in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p54
Reviews for Punch Bowl Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2014
"Very pretty dish, taste like chocolate covered strawberries! So easy to make , pretty presentation and the taste is out of this world!"