Punch Bowl Trifle
"I threw this dessert together when I needed something quick to take to my in-laws' house," explains Kristi Judkins of Morrison, Tennessee. "Because it's beautiful, everyone thought I fussed, but it's very easy." And since it makes a bot, it's perfect for potlucks and large get-togethers.
24-28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries
- 1 carton (15 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Shaved chocolate
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Set aside five strawberries for garnish. Slice remaining
- strawberries. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in
- a 6-qt. glass punch bowl. Top with half of the sliced strawberries;
- drizzle with half of the strawberry glaze. Spread with 3-1/2 cups
- whipped topping.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting on high for 20-30 seconds or
- until pourable, stirring often; cool slightly. Drizzle half over the
- whipped topping. Repeat layers of cake, berries, glaze, whipped
- topping and frosting. Top with remaining whipped topping. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and
- reserved strawberries. Yield: 24-28 servings.