Punch Bowl Trifle Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries
- 1 carton (15 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Shaved chocolate
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Set aside five strawberries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in a 6-qt. glass punch bowl. Top with half of the sliced strawberries; drizzle with half of the strawberry glaze. Spread with 3-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting on high for 20-30 seconds or until pourable, stirring often; cool slightly. Drizzle half over the whipped topping. Repeat layers of cake, berries, glaze, whipped topping and frosting. Top with remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and reserved strawberries. Yield: 24-28 servings.
Reviews for Punch Bowl Trifle(7)
Sort By :
I substituted the frosting with chocolate pudding and it was awesome! This will be the 2nd year in a row I will be making this for a Christmas Eve party because it was such a hit last year!
This is absolutely fabulous. So easy to make. I made the cake the night before and threw everything together the next day. Rave reviews. Definitely a keeper.
I have made this previously from your Quick Cooking book and it is absolutely fabulous! It is so simple. Everybody can't get enough of it and I'm planning on making it again real soon. I have also enjoyed making other trifle recipes. They look big and complicated but they are actually really easy and very delicious.
Made it for a party at work. It was awesome.
Makes for a beautiful dessert, and very simple and tasty. I have never had leftovers :)