Punch Bowl Cake
This recipe was created when I was trying to use up leftovers. You can make it with cookies or bananas and pudding...anything goes!Patricia Hardin, Seymour, Tennessee
20-24 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- Bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack. In a large
- bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand 2
- minutes or until soft-set. Fold in pineapple; cover and refrigerate.
- Fold coconut and nuts into whipped topping.
- To assemble, cut the cake into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 5-qt.
- punch bowl. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the
- whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional
- pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20-24