Pumpkins On Parade
Let the kids help make these festive, fun and colorful cupcakes. The quick bread mix makes the cupcakes nice and moist. The footed cupcake holders shown in the photo are available at wilton.com.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
14 ServingsPrep: 65 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 11 ounces yellow candy coating disks
- 28 brown semisweet M&M's miniature baking bits
- 3/4 to 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 6 drops orange paste food coloring
- 4 green medium gumdrops
- Prepare muffin mix batter according to package directions; stir in
- chocolate chips. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Transfer
- to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner of bag. Form
- eyes, noses and mouths for 14 jack-o'-lantern faces on waxed paper.
- Add baking bits for pupils. Let stand until set.
- Tint frosting orange; frost cupcakes. Carefully peel off eyes, noses
- and mouths; position on cupcakes. Cut gumdrops into small triangles
- for stems; attach to top of pumpkins. Yield: 14 servings.