Pumpkin Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, butter and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until breads test done. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Zucchini Bread(19)
Sort By :
Wonderful recipe! I followed it as written (minus the nuts) the first time with great results. Even my picky child ate it up - he didn't even realize I was sneaking vegetables into him. The next time I made it with applesauce replacing some of the butter and sugar substitute replacing some of the sugar , and it was just as delicious. The texture was a little bit different (not quite as crumb-y) with the substitutes, which was fine with us. I wouldn't sub ALL of the fat and sugar, though because I think the results would lack the great taste/texture combo of the original recipe.
I made this recipe and switched it to gluten free. I did that by substituting a gluten free flour that included zanthan gum, and I also added 3/4 tsp. more of xanthan gum. Because I used my own homemade pumpkin puree it seems alittle extra moist. But the flavor is great and for being gluten free it turned out nice!
This was a great recipe. Made several batches to freeze. Everyone loves it!
This bread tastes great and was easy to put together. My whole family likes the taste. I brought the 2nd loaf to work, and the ladies in my office like it a lot, too!
I made this with some leftover zucchini I needed to use and some pumpkin in the can leftover from making pumpkin cookies. I took it to the office, and everyone there raved about it. There wasn't a crumb left!