Pumpkin Yeast Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (about 1-1/2 pounds).
1 slice: 121 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pumpkin Yeast Bread
"My family loves this bread."
"I made this bread and was very disappointed in the taste....it left a strange after-taste in my mouth and my family asked me not to make it again."