Pumpkin Yeast Bread
From Greenfield, Indiana, Alicyn Swift shares this lightly spiced pumpkin bread with a crisp brown crust and appealing golden-orange interior.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: One slice (prepared with reduced-fat margarine) equals 121 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.