Pumpkin Wontons with Butterscotch Sauce Recipe
As a change from the usual pumpkin pie or cake, we created these deliciously different wontons. The butterscotch sauce would also taste great over ice cream. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended. Place a tablespoon of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; top with another wonton wrapper. Pinch edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute, without stirring. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve with wontons. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups sauce).
2 wontons with about 2-1/2 tablespoons sauce equals 347 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC