Pumpkin with Walnuts and Blue Cheese Recipe
Don't hold off on serving pumpkin as the dinner finale. Bring it to the forefront with this unique and lovely side dish that will garner you recipe requests.
- 5 pounds pie pumpkins, seeded, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 20 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Place pumpkin in a greased 15-in. x 1-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in remaining oil until tender. Add walnuts; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until toasted.
- Place pumpkin on a serving platter. Top with onion mixture. Sprinkle with blue cheese and sage. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin with Walnuts and Blue Cheese in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p111
Reviews for Pumpkin with Walnuts and Blue Cheese(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Halloween Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >