- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking pans;
- flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Bake at 400° for
- 10-11 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine flour and salt. Gradually
- whisk in milk until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and
- stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and
- refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, beat shortening, confectioners' sugar and vanilla
- until smooth. Add chilled milk mixture; beat for 7 minutes or until
- light and fluffy. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top
- with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 340 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.