- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set aside 1/2 cup cake mix for filling. In a small bowl, combine the oil, 1 egg and remaining cake mix. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup walnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, reserved cake mix and remaining eggs. Pour over crust; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Walnut Squares
Sort By :
"I also substituted pecans because I like the combination of pumpkin and pecans. So delicious! It took every ounce of my being not to eat the whole pan!"
"I have made this twice, once for my churches coffee bar & for a party. Both time it was gobbled up with yummy sounds., It's sure a keeper at my house."
"I don't even like pumpkin...but I think these are so yummy!"
"I made this recipe over the weekend. My husband took some to work with him and said his co-workers licked up the bars in a second!"
"I sprinkled cinnamon sugar over the top, and used pecans, because I am allergic to walnuts. I have already had 2 co-workers ask for the recipe! It's a real taste of fall!"