- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set aside 1/2 cup cake mix for filling. In a small bowl, combine the oil, 1 egg and remaining cake mix. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup walnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, reserved cake mix and remaining eggs. Pour over crust; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Walnut Squares
Sort By :
I also substituted pecans because I like the combination of pumpkin and pecans. So delicious! It took every ounce of my being not to eat the whole pan!
I have made this twice, once for my churches coffee bar & for a party. Both time it was gobbled up with yummy sounds., It's sure a keeper at my house.
I don't even like pumpkin...but I think these are so yummy!
I made this recipe over the weekend. My husband took some to work with him and said his co-workers licked up the bars in a second!
I sprinkled cinnamon sugar over the top, and used pecans, because I am allergic to walnuts. I have already had 2 co-workers ask for the recipe! It's a real taste of fall!