Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ORANGE WALNUT BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, for orange walnut butter, in a small bowl, combine the butter, walnuts and orange peel until blended. Serve waffles with butter mixture and maple syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
2 waffles with 2 tablespoons orange walnut butter (calculated without maple syrup) equals 538 calories, 38 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.