Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- 1. Preheat waffle maker. Mix softened butter and orange peel; stir in walnuts.
- 2. Whisk together first six waffle ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin and melted butter; add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- 3. Bake waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with butter mixture and syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
2 waffles (4-in.) with 2 tablespoons walnut butter: 536 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter
"Followed recipe exactly as posted and flavor was just bland! Wouldn't make again...."
"I used pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon. They turned out pretty good. I like Rachel Ray's recipe better.http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/gingerbread-waffles-recipe/index.html"
"I replaced the brown sugar with honey and added that to the wet ingredients along with a teaspoon of vanilla extract. I did half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. The flavor was great. I had trouble with the waffles burning, but I have had waffles with whole wheat flour burn previously so I don't think it was this recipe."
"This was my first try with homemade waffle mix, and it went wonderfully! My two-year-old daughter loved them so much that two days later I made them again, substituting applesauce for the pumpkin for a bit of a change. I know we'll be making them again!"
"The combination of the pumpkin, orange walnut butter and maple syrup really made this dish pop! I've made it twice now, and it's delicious!"
"These are amazing, even without the orange walnut butter. They freeze well too, so plan to make extras."
"These are good. I made extra and froze them for future breakfasts."