Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ORANGE WALNUT BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for orange walnut butter, in a small bowl, combine the butter, walnuts and orange peel until blended. Serve waffles with butter mixture and maple syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter(6)
Sort By :
I used pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon. They turned out pretty good. I like Rachel Ray's recipe better.http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/gingerbread-waffles-recipe/index.html
I replaced the brown sugar with honey and added that to the wet ingredients along with a teaspoon of vanilla extract. I did half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. The flavor was great. I had trouble with the waffles burning, but I have had waffles with whole wheat flour burn previously so I don't think it was this recipe.
This was my first try with homemade waffle mix, and it went wonderfully! My two-year-old daughter loved them so much that two days later I made them again, substituting applesauce for the pumpkin for a bit of a change. I know we'll be making them again!
The combination of the pumpkin, orange walnut butter and maple syrup really made this dish pop! I've made it twice now, and it's delicious!