“This is so delicious!” Bring a flourish to the breakfast table with these unique and flavorful waffles from Brandi Davis of Pullman, Washington.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ORANGE WALNUT BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for orange walnut butter, in a small bowl, combine the butter, walnuts and orange peel until blended. Serve waffles with butter mixture and maple syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p66
Reviews for Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review