- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ORANGE WALNUT BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for orange walnut butter, in a small bowl, combine the butter, walnuts and orange peel until blended. Serve waffles with butter mixture and maple syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter
Sort By :
"I used pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon. They turned out pretty good. I like Rachel Ray's recipe better.http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/gingerbread-waffles-recipe/index.html"
"I replaced the brown sugar with honey and added that to the wet ingredients along with a teaspoon of vanilla extract. I did half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. The flavor was great. I had trouble with the waffles burning, but I have had waffles with whole wheat flour burn previously so I don't think it was this recipe."
"This was my first try with homemade waffle mix, and it went wonderfully! My two-year-old daughter loved them so much that two days later I made them again, substituting applesauce for the pumpkin for a bit of a change. I know we'll be making them again!"
"The combination of the pumpkin, orange walnut butter and maple syrup really made this dish pop! I've made it twice now, and it's delicious!"
"These are amazing, even without the orange walnut butter. They freeze well too, so plan to make extras."