I created this stew as a way to use pumpkin for more than just breads and pies. It's a meal by itself, but also serves as a side dish for meat and potatoes. It's great during the fall, and is as colorful as the season. My family loves it.
- 4 cups cubed peeled pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh cut green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Pumpkin Vegetable Stew in Country October/November 1994, p51
Reviews for Pumpkin Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review