Pumpkin Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 4 cups cubed peeled pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh cut green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-sodium broth) equals 1 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 83 calories, 109 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 20 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 1 gm fat.