Pumpkin Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 4 cups cubed peeled pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh cut green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cup: 83 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Pumpkin Vegetable Stew
"I swapped out the chicken broth for vegetable broth to make this a vegetarian dish. Using diced tomatoes with green chiles gives it a nice spicy kick too. My only gripe is about how difficult it is to peel and cut a raw pumpkin for prep as well as how long that process takes. I've made this recipe several times, and that part never gets easier, unfortunately."
"I made this last evening and my family raved over it. I did add 1 cup of chicken breast to it."