Pumpkin Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen lima beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, lima beans and corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the pumpkin, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
This soup is delicious! I used edamame instead of lima beans & creamed corn because I didn't have regular. I added extra pepper to give it just a little kick. Very tasty!
I have been researching recipes to expand my use of 'the great pumpkin'. This is a wonderful soup--beautiful golden color, wonderful flavor! It does not have a heavy pumpkin flavor as when you do the usual puree of pumpkin type soup. The consumer is more than likely to ask what's in it. For my personal taste, I would add some freshly ground pepper or cayenne to give it just a bit of a kick. This is going in my favorites!