Pumpkin Trifle Recipe
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and allspice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and egg, beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. When completely cooled, crumble the cake. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pumpkin and spices until well blended.
- In a trifle bowl or 3-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer a fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, a fourth of the cake crumbs and half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved cake crumbs. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Trifle(40)
Sort By :
Everyone that tasted this loved it!
Made some changes. Couldn't find gingerbread cake, so made a spice cake according to package directions. Used 2 boxes instant vanilla pudding & 1 box butterscotch but NOT sugar-free & mixed it w/3 cups of milk. I forgot to add the spices to the mixture, so just sprinkled some cinnamon on top. Also used REAL whipped cream instead of whipped topping. Came out delicious. Received lots of compliments and requests for the recipe! Thank you :)
I have made this many times and always received rave reviews. It's my "go-to" dessert for fall potlucks. I love the fact that it can be "light" without anyone caring! Very nice to be able to make dessert ahead of time and have it be such a show-stopper. I do usually use two, 8-ounce containers of Cool Whip, but other than that, no change. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This is a real crowd pleaser; I've been asked for the recipe several times. I've passed it along, with two adjustments I've made to the recipe: 1) Duncan Hines Moist Spice Cake instead of gingerbread and 2) two vanilla sugar-free pudding and two butterscotch sugar-free pudding instead of four butterscotch.
Easy to make. Vey good. Would make again. Looks impressive.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gingerbread Trifle >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >