Pumpkin Torte Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, eggs, oil and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar and remaining pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a fourth of the filling. Repeat layers three times. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Torte
Sort By :
Love it and so simple!
I have made this several times. It is one of the easiest cakes to make. The presentation is beautiful. And most importantly, it is delicious!
This is delicious. I make sweets for friends and family and I have repeat requests for this since I found this recipe last year. It is easy and a great presentation. I love anything pumpkin and this is a great addition.
I made this last year and it was delicious. I made it torte style and it was very pretty. Making it a torte was easier and faster than layering it and I am all for easy and fast. I could not find a fault with this if I tried. i am making it again this year for Christmas
so good! will make it again!