Pumpkin Swirl Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Additional chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts, raisins and dates.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Spoon filling over batter. Cover filling completely with remaining batter.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in bread portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil; refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, if desired, in a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bread; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Swirl Bread
Sort By :
"So decadent. Prep time a bit more than the 15mins, but worth it. One of the best features is this recipe makes three loaves."
"The cloves were way too overpowering. It didn't taste like pumpkin and the cream cheese filling was too dense. It was like eating a plain block of cream cheese wrapped in tasteless nasty bread. I'm not new to baking and followed the directions exactly so I don't get the good reviews. I'm angry I wasted the ingredients and my time."
"Lots of ingredients and labor intensive for so little taste in the finished product. Not a keeper for me."
"I thought the pumpkin taste was delish!! Husband liked it a lot :)"
"So many other recipes out there that are much tastier. Lacked pumpkin taste. Cream cheese center was not very sweet or prominent. Reminds me of a bad attempt at improving fruitcake."