- In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water until well
- blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, soda, cinnamon,
- salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin
- mixture. Stir in walnuts, raisins and dates.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Spoon
- filling over batter. Cover filling completely with remaining batter.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in bread portion
- comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil; refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 189 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.