Pumpkin-Sweet Potato Pie with Sugared Pecans Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the eggs, cream, milk and rum; mix well. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Pour pumpkin mixture into pastry.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and cream. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. Cool completely.
- 4. Top pie with sugared pecans; serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 696 calories, 46g fat (16g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Sweet Potato Pie with Sugared Pecans
"Excellent! You get the BEST of BOTH WORLDS!! The pie was Full of wonderful Flavor, and Filled with Rich and Creamy FillingI This will definitely be my Go-To Sweet Potato Pie & Pumpkin Pie Combo. I didn't use the topping,, although next time I will most defiantly will! I'll be making this for the up Coming Holidays! Thanks for sharing!"