Pumpkin Surprise Muffins Recipe
Filled with cream cheese and apricot preserves, these almond-topped pumpkin muffins are heavenly. —Elizabeth Blondefield, San Jose, California
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger. In another bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin, sour cream, butter and 3 tablespoons preserves. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place a cream cheese cube and 3/4 teaspoon of preserves in each. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 271 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Surprise Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC