Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
Their cream cheese filling and sweet crunchy topping make these moist muffins one of my most requested recipes. They smell so good while baking on a cold, snowy day.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full. Place one cream cheese cube in the center of each muffin cup; top with remaining batter.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts. Sprinkle over batter.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC