Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full. Place one cream cheese cube in the center of each muffin cup; top with remaining batter.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts. Sprinkle over batter.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 234 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
"Very moist. And I love the cream cheese in the middle. Saves me from making a loaf of pumpkin bread and slathering on way to much cream cheese. Having it in the middle is like portion control. Very nice flavor."