Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full. Place one cream cheese cube in the center of each muffin cup; top with remaining batter.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts. Sprinkle over batter.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
"Very moist. And I love the cream cheese in the middle. Saves me from making a loaf of pumpkin bread and slathering on way to much cream cheese. Having it in the middle is like portion control. Very nice flavor."