- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and pumpkin. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter. Drop streusel by heaping teaspoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Streusel Cupcakes
"These were okay. Brought them to school and my students liked them. I did frost them and put an m ' m candy on top. However the streusel didn't cook up real well at first and I had to put them back in the oven to get it to cook. Probably wouldn't make it again."
"Have not tried yet but I will. After reading the reviews can someone explain what pasta has to do with this recipe?"
"Cast iron king. I wonder why it didn't taste like pumpkin bread. Maybe cause you didn't use pumplin? It tasted like burnt pasta because you used pasta and ovebaked it. Perhaps you should make the recipe as is before you make irrelevant comments"
"Made these right before Thanksgiving and everyone loved them!"
"12 for dinner and after there were none left. will for sure make these again. left off the frosting and served as muffins"