Pumpkin Streusel Cupcakes Recipe
A delicious crumb filling becomes the center of attention inside these yummy confections that taste like pumpkin bread. —Donna Gish, Blue Springs, Missouri
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and pumpkin. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter. Drop streusel by heaping teaspoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 204 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC