A delicious crumb filling becomes the center of attention inside these yummy confections that taste like pumpkin bread. —Donna Gish, Blue Springs, Missouri
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and pumpkin. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter. Drop streusel by heaping teaspoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Streusel Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p41
Reviews for Pumpkin Streusel Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review