Pumpkin Squares Recipe
"Since I was trying to steer clear of high-calorie desserts, I created this recipe so I could still enjoy the flavors of the holidays," explains Jennifer Geigel of Embrun, Ontario. "My family enjoys and requests this treat, which they say tastes like pumpkin pie. They can't believe it's light."
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, ginger and cloves. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar substitute.
- 2. Line the bottom of an 8-in. square dish with graham crackers. Pour pumpkin mixture over crackers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 120 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch
Reviews for Pumpkin Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC