Pumpkin Squares Recipe
"Since I was trying to steer clear of high-calorie desserts, I created this recipe so I could still enjoy the flavors of the holidays," explains Jennifer Geigel of Embrun, Ontario. "My family enjoys and requests this treat, which they say tastes like pumpkin pie. They can't believe it's light."
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, ginger and cloves. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar substitute.
- Line the bottom of an 8-in. square dish with graham crackers. Pour pumpkin mixture over crackers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Squares in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p56
Reviews for Pumpkin Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >