- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Additional pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Gingersnaps, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, 1/2 cup cream, pudding mix and pie spice; whisk until thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Whip the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; place a dollop on each serving of pudding. Sprinkle with pie spice. Serve with gingersnaps if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spiced Pudding
"I loved this dessert it was perfect after a heavy holiday meal. I used the entire 15 oz can of pumpkin so there was no waste and added an extra dash of the pumpkin pie spice and a tablespoon of powedered sugar."
"I found this recipe while looking for something to do with leftover canned pumpkin. I agree with the other review, it was a little bland at first. I added 2T of brown sugar and 1t of vanilla. I also made sweetened whipped cream by adding 1 1/2T of powered sugar and 1/4t of vanilla to the whipping cream. We really enjoyed it. This recipe makes 4 pretty large servings."
"After combining the ingredients listed, I added some brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon because it was a little bland. This is delicious, especially with ginger snaps. Keeper!"