Pumpkin Spice Spread
With its hint of cinnamon, nutmeg and maple flavors, this thick and creamy pumpkin spread is sure to be gone in no time at your next brunch or special luncheon. Our Test Kitchen suggests spreading it on quick breads, bagels or homemade oven-toasted tortilla wedges.
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin and sugar
- substitute; mix well. Beat in the cinnamon, vanilla, maple
- flavoring, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg. Fold in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener. Look for it in the baking aisles of your grocery store.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 25 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.