With its hint of cinnamon, nutmeg and maple flavors, this thick and creamy pumpkin spread is sure to be gone in no time at your next brunch or special luncheon. Our Test Kitchen suggests spreading it on quick breads, bagels or homemade oven-toasted tortilla wedges.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin and sugar substitute; mix well. Beat in the cinnamon, vanilla, maple flavoring, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg. Fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Pumpkin Spice Spread in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p15
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review