Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- WALNUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating just until combined.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing form pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For sauce, combine brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Serve warm over the cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 531 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake
"Excellent pound cake - super elicious. I subbed 1-1/2 tsp. Penzey's Pie Spice for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves (Penzey's Pie Spice is a fantastic blend of 4 kinds of cinnamon, vanilla sugar, mace, ginger, nutmeg, anise seed and clove). I also reduced the sugar to 2-1/2 cups. This pound cake had great texture. I omitted the walnut sauce since I was taking it to a BBQ potluck and I didn't want to fuss with it after placing it on the buffet table."
"to kiersie - recipe states 1 CUP canned pumpkin. it doesn't matter what size can you buy, just use ONE CUP. P.S. it's DELICIOUS, LOVE IT."
"sounds delicious. I have not made it yet ... I have a question...what size can of pumpkin? A 28 ounce can or a 14 ounce one? I need to know this before I start. Might be a good idea to put sizes (or amounts in cups) in the ingredients instead of just saying can...duh...I was busy looking at all of the recipes posted for pumpkin cakes and I read this one 3 or 4 times before I posted my comment. It was not until after I hit post that I realized that it did say 1 cup in this recipe...just ignore the question I asked and laugh at my expense"
"This is a "DELICIOUS" pound-cake recipe! Extremely moist, and makes 2 loaves."
"This is a "FABULISCIOUS" poundcake recipe! Extremely moist, and makes 2 loaves."
"This was fantastic!! Loved it even more than pumpkin bread. Very easy to make."
"Absolutely wonderful! My favorite holiday treat:)"