- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- WALNUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing form pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For sauce, combine brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Serve warm over the cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake
Sort By :
"This is a "DELICIOUS" pound-cake recipe! Extremely moist, and makes 2 loaves."
"This is a "FABULISCIOUS" poundcake recipe! Extremely moist, and makes 2 loaves."
"This was fantastic!! Loved it even more than pumpkin bread. Very easy to make."
"My favorite pound cake. Moist and delicious"
"Absolutely wonderful! My favorite holiday treat:)"