There's nothing like a bowl of warm oatmeal in the morning, and my spiced version works in a slow cooker. Store leftovers in the fridge. —Jordan Mason, Brookville, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 25 Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Optional toppings: toasted chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, and additional brown sugar and milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in water and milk. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until oats are tender, stirring once. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p30
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2016
"Pleasant flavor but more like a pudding than an oatmeal."