I have loved baking all my life, but when my mom made the choice to be vegan, I had to find new recipes. This one's a keeper! —Marisa Holt, Los Angeles, California
Recommended: 23 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Spice Fix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk flours, sugars, baking soda, salt and spices. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin, oil, applesauce, maple syrup and water. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Pumpkin Spice Loaves in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p91
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review