Pumpkin Spice Latte
Each sip of this spiced-just-right beverage from our home economists tastes like a piece of pumpkin pie!
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- Place ground coffee in the filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water;
- brew according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin, brown
- sugar and spices. Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming.
- Divide coffee among five mugs; add pumpkin mixture. Garnish with
- whipped cream and additional nutmeg if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without whipped cream) equals 124 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 milk.