Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 1/2 cup ground dark-roast coffee
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. Brew extra strong coffee using 1/2 cup ground coffee and 1-1/2 cups water. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin, brown sugar and spices; heat through over medium heat, whisking constantly to blend.
- 2. To serve, place scant 1/4 cup coffee in each cup; stir in 2/3 cup milk mixture. If desired, top with whipped cream and additional nutmeg. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 124 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 milk.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Latte
"Delicious and healthy! Will definitely make again. My husband and I used it as a creamer for our coffee. The only thing negative I have to say about this recipe is look out for the last little bit of liquid...some of the pumpkin may have settled to the bottom, and it's not the best part of the drink. Otherwise, enjoy!"