My mom makes this hot chocolate with pumpkin, spices and white chocolate. We usually drink it on Halloween, but it’s delish at Christmas too. —Sasha King, Westlake Village, CA
Featured In: 23 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Spice Fix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- HOT CHOCOLATE:
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Additional pumpkin pie spice
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat milk, cream, cinnamon sticks, pie spice and orange peel over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Whisk pumpkin, sugar and baking chips into milk mixture until blended. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Discard cinnamon sticks. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2015, p94
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review