Pumpkin Spice Granola Recipe
Although you can certainly enjoy this granola as a snack, it also makes a wonderful topping for a fruit salad - and a great addition to a brunch buffet. Or, pour portions into colorful plastic bags, tie them with ribbons and give them to your coworkers for Christmas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:26 servings
- 7 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, pecans, almonds and sunflower kernels; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the oil, honey, water, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 13 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 284 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC