Pumpkin Spice Granola Recipe
Although you can certainly enjoy this granola as a snack, it also makes a wonderful topping for a fruit salad - and a great addition to a brunch buffet. Or, pour portions into colorful plastic bags, tie them with ribbons and give them to your coworkers for Christmas.
- 7 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, pecans, almonds and sunflower kernels; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the oil, honey, water, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 13 cups.
1/2 cup: 284 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Granola
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2010
"Very good taste. I'm adding Craisins to mine."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC