Although you can certainly enjoy this granola as a snack, it also makes a wonderful topping for a fruit salad - and a great addition to a brunch buffet. Or, pour portions into colorful plastic bags, tie them with ribbons and give them to your coworkers for Christmas.
Recommended: 21 Pumpkin Pie-Inspired Recipes
- 7 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, pecans, almonds and sunflower kernels; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the oil, honey, water, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 13 cups.
Originally published as Pumpkin Spice Granola in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p29
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2010
"Very good taste. I'm adding Craisins to mine."