I make these flavorful pumpkin cupcakes each Halloween, but they're wonderful year-round. —Amber Butzer, Gladstone, Oregon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in the raisins.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
Originally published as Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes in Taste of Home
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review