- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in the raisins.
- Fill 20 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
"This has become a solid part of my baking starting in the fall. I actually get asked to make them."
"These are my go-to dessert for fall potlucks. They are so moist and yummy, everyone loves them. I have substituted dried cranberries for the raisins and pecans for the walnuts. I also added chopped pecans to the batter and put a whole pecan half on top of the cupcake, instead of chopped, less messy that way."
"I'm diabetic and gluten intolerant, and it's not very often I can find a recipe that I can modify easily. I used rice flour and sugar substitute, and this recipe was still delicious!"
"my husband and daughter loved these. My husband doesn't normally like pumpkin flavor because he dislikes nutmeg. He loved these(they don't have nutmeg)."
"Loved them just as they are! Family favorite!"
"I made this for two seperate Halloween parties, and it was a hit at both. Great pumpkin flavor with just the right amount of spice, plus light and moist. Did not add the raisins or the walnuts, thought it would make it more like a muffin. Will use for mini loaves, with all ingredients. Have requests already for more!"
"I used gluten free all purpose flour, then followed the recipe from there and everyone loved them."
"I skipped the icing both times I've made this recipe and the first time i forget to add the raisins but they were still good. the raisins add a nice nuance to the flavor and texture though and I'm sure the cream cheese frosting would too. Yum! Thanks for sharing."
"My family loved the cupcakes!"
"Amazing!! Although I modified the topping I used 1 8 oz cream cheese 1 stick of butter 1 1/4 c powdered sugar 2 t vanilla. Had plenty of icing for all the cupcakes and it wasn't so super sweet. JUST RIGHT!"