Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin. Combine flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Sort By :
"I don't normally make comments but these cupcakes were so good that I had to! The flavors all blend together well and the cupcakes are super moist. I am not a huge fan of pumpkin but I loved these. These are great cupcakes for Thanksgiving!"
"Very good! Made these and gave some to my neighbors. All good comments! I am so making these again. I added some sugared ginger instead of regular ginger."
"Delicious! Followed the recipe exactly and it was amazing.1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice =1 1/2 tsp cinnamon1/2 tsp ground nutmeg1/2 tsp ground ginger1/4 tsp ground cloves"
"I don't like pumpkin but this was absolutely amazing! I work at a restaurant and on busy weekends I take in cupcakes. I tried this and it was a winner, even I had seconds. This recipe is fantastic and I can't wait to make them again. Thank you so much for sharing!"
"This is the perfect autumn recipe! The cake is moist and boasts a mild pumpkin flavor that is perfectly spiced. The tang of the cream cheese frosting is mellowed with the warmth of cinnamon. The combination is divine! I made two 11X13 sheet cakes. I stacked one on top of the other with a thin layer of icing in between and a layer of frosting on top. It was devoured and all who tried it, loved it!"