Pumpkin Spice Cookies
These big soft spice cookies, created by our Test Kitchen staff, have a sweet frosting that makes them an extra special treat. Enjoy!
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and pumpkin pie spice. In
- another bowl, beat the pumpkin, egg and oil; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking
- spray; flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350° for 18-20
- minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough
- orange juice to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled
- cookies. Yield: 32 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 127 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium,