Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cake or serve with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 272 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cake
"Easy, delicious and moist. Everyone loved it"
"Made this for a family dinner. Delicious! My husband is not a big dessert eater but said I should have made two since there wasn't much left (had to send some home with my granddaughter ... she also LOVED it!)"
"Loved this - it was incredibly moist. I took it to a Halloween party last night and had 3 people tell me how delicious it was. It tasted more of a spice cake than pumpkin cake. I added a cream cheese frosting (4 oz. cream cheese, 3 T maple syrup, 1 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1 T milk) that I highly recommend adding on top. A keeper!!!"
"I hesitated to try this cake because I'm not fond of pumpkin, but this I like! It is easy to make; the spice cake mix is a great base. I usually love pecans but will leave them out next time -- I actually like the texture without the nuts. Used Cool Whip rather than cream cheese frosting or maple glaze which would have been too sweet for us. I set the timer for 45 minutes and it was absolutely done so will check earlier next time."
"I have made this many times and it is always a hit. I just got through making it again. This time I had some left over canned frosting in the refrigerator . I mixed it with 2 heaping tablespoons of pumpkin spiced cream cheese. I did add 1 T. of milk for easier mixing. The pumpkin cream cheese frosting with the pumpkin spiced cake gets 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!"
"I have made this recipe twice and love it more each time. As requested by my daughter, I am now making it for a third time for her 16th birthday. Very easy and delicious."
"I made this for Thanksgiving as a different pumpkin dessert and everyone loved it! My son rated it '6 stars out of 5' - his new favorite! I didn't frost it with a traditional frosting but used a simple powdered sugar glaze (maple flavored) instead. It really doesn't need dressed up with frosting and easily stands alone as a moist, flavorful cake. Great recipe!"
"I want to use a 9 x 13 pan. How long should I bake it?"