Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
We sometimes call this Thanksgiving Cake because it's a tasty alternative to pumpkin pie, but we don't relegate it to just that holiday. I think you'll agree it's delicious any time of the year.—Kathy Rhoads, Circleville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cake or serve with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 272 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC