Pumpkin Spice Cake
We sometimes call this Thanksgiving Cake because it's a tasty alternative to pumpkin pie, but we don't relegate it to just that holiday. I think you'll agree it's delicious any time of the year.—Kathy Rhoads, Circleville, Ohio
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil,
- pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir
- in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cake or serve with whipped
- cream. Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 272 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.