Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Glaze Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, syrup and maple flavoring until smooth. Drizzle over cake and sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Glaze
Sort By :
The recipe is awesome, the cake is moist and flavorful! The glaze was too runny, next time I will add more powdered sugar to make the glaze thicker, it ran everywhere.
Delicious! It doesn't taste like pumpkin bread. It tastes like pumpkin pie!
I just made that cake and then made another one. I did not have any allspice but it was awesome without it. This recipe is a keeper' I send a picture of the first cake I made and send it to my son who immediately ask for one that's why I made two. Thank you
I used a Spice Cake mix I had on hand and just added the pumpkin to it. Worked just as well. The icing set it over the top.
Sounds delicious with cutting out a little of the spice. How long might this bake in the oven as cupcakes?