Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Glaze Recipe
Serve up some fun with this delicious cake that’s yummy any time of the year, but especially nice during the holiday season. No one will guess that cake mix simplifies the recipe. The traditional pumpkin and spices plus the delectable maple glaze give it a real from-scratch taste. —Barbara Elliott, Tyler, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, syrup and maple flavoring until smooth. Drizzle over cake and sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 436 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC