Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Glaze Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, syrup and maple flavoring until smooth. Drizzle over cake and sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Glaze
Sort By :
"The recipe is awesome, the cake is moist and flavorful! The glaze was too runny, next time I will add more powdered sugar to make the glaze thicker, it ran everywhere."
"Delicious! It doesn't taste like pumpkin bread. It tastes like pumpkin pie!"
"I just made that cake and then made another one. I did not have any allspice but it was awesome without it. This recipe is a keeper' I send a picture of the first cake I made and send it to my son who immediately ask for one that's why I made two. Thank you"
"I used a Spice Cake mix I had on hand and just added the pumpkin to it. Worked just as well. The icing set it over the top."
"Sounds delicious with cutting out a little of the spice. How long might this bake in the oven as cupcakes?"