We sometimes call this Thanksgiving Cake because it's a tasty alternative to pumpkin pie, but we don't relegate it to just that holiday. I think you'll agree it's delicious any time of the year.—Kathy Rhoads, Circleville, Ohio
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cake or serve with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Spice Cake in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p65
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review