- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cake or serve with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cake
Sort By :
"I have made this many times and it is always a hit. I just got through making it again. This time I had some left over canned frosting in the refrigerator . I mixed it with 2 heaping tablespoons of pumpkin spiced cream cheese. I did add 1 T. of milk for easier mixing. The pumpkin cream cheese frosting with the pumpkin spiced cake gets 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!"
"I have made this recipe twice and love it more each time. As requested by my daughter, I am now making it for a third time for her 16th birthday. Very easy and delicious."
"I made this for Thanksgiving as a different pumpkin dessert and everyone loved it! My son rated it '6 stars out of 5' - his new favorite! I didn't frost it with a traditional frosting but used a simple powdered sugar glaze (maple flavored) instead. It really doesn't need dressed up with frosting and easily stands alone as a moist, flavorful cake. Great recipe!"
"I want to use a 9 x 13 pan. How long should I bake it?"