- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves and allspice; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Bread
Sort By :
"This recipe is so amazing and easy to make! I am usually terrible with breads, they always come out dry but this one was so moist and flavorful! I didn't have all the spices I only used Pumpkin Pie spice, Cinnamon, and All spice. I brought it to my grandparents for thanksgiving and EVERYONE loved it! I spread some homemade cream cheese frosting, SOOO GOOD!!"
"I love this, VERY moist, and I love that 1 recipe makes 2 large loaves. Next time I'll add even a little more cinnamon"
"By far the best Pumpkin Bread I have ever made!!!!"
"Tasty and very moist. The whole office loved it! The only downside is how much it makes. Next time I'll be cutting the recipe in half."