- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves and allspice; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Bread
"A five star recipe for sure. Lots of flavor and it gets better the next day. I did add 1 c walnuts and would add 1-1/2 the next time, our preference. Also lined the loaf pans w/ parchment for easy removal. Delicious and a keeper."
"I've made this 3 times & keep getting asked to make it again. It's delicious, I've added chocolate chips & pecans the last time. It's a keeper."
"Super easy recipe that makes incredibly yummy bread! The next time I make this, I'm going to add toasted nuts. I think that will make this recipe just about perfect."
"I used 2 cups of fresh pumpkin. I had to bake for about 20 minutes longer than recipe stated. It rose weird in the middle. I'm guessing the wetter fresh pumpkin accounts for the longer bake time and weird rise. Flavor is great."
"I was extremely pleased with how this bread came out. It was moist and the spices were perfect. The bonus is that it makes two loaves!"
"This is the BEST pumpkin bread I've ever made (and I've made a lot.) It is my go-to gift for housewarmings, new babies, new neighbors, etc. during the months that can even remotely called Autumn (or Winter, or sometimes Spring or Summer.) I get rave reviews every single time. I can't begin to say how many times I've shared this recipe over the last six years or so. I generally use three teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices. I'm lazy like that. Our family's favorite way to enjoy this treat is warm with a thick smear of cream cheese or butter. Just too good!"
"I am using self rising flour, I won't add salt, or baking soda right?"
"This recipe is so amazing and easy to make! I am usually terrible with breads, they always come out dry but this one was so moist and flavorful! I didn't have all the spices I only used Pumpkin Pie spice, Cinnamon, and All spice. I brought it to my grandparents for Thanksgiving and EVERYONE loved it! I spread some homemade cream cheese frosting, SOOO GOOD!!"
"I love this, VERY moist, and I love that 1 recipe makes 2 large loaves. Next time I'll add even a little more cinnamon"
"By far the best Pumpkin Bread I have ever made!!!!"